01 February 2006

Level 9 - No more mucus

Me at level 8At last, I have all the mucus and eyes I needed...

I had a spare 45 minutes after finishing work, so went to bag some tiger skins for another quest in the same area.

After hacking around a while on an empty server (it had been down all day), I levelled up to 9, much to my joy. I grabbed a collection of tiger furs (another quest) and even learnt how to swim (right mouse button - ah-ha).

Then I swam over to a large island to try and kill some hexed and voodoo trolls, and bring back the skull of the bad guy and some trapped 'darkspear' (much to do). I was hiding in the trees, luring one out at a time (as two seemed to have the power to set me on fire and kill me - more than once I had to leap into the sea to escape).

The knife came on line and came over. He wandered about slaughtering everything with a weapon he said he was crap with (a big hammer), but one hit with which was enough for the trolls.

I actually killed the bad-guy-boss alone, so felt quite good about that. I even tried out an emotive victory (I've been reading up on emotes and spent some time waving at random people - I haven't worked out how to taget it yet).

Then we swam around a while - I would loot all the clacker corpses he left behind until I had all my eyes and mucus too.Die, clacker bastard

Ah, I had completed 5 quests, and thought I must be in line for level 10 action, but no. About 3/4 of the way there and no great rewards, and no herbalism skills more, or shamanic goodies.

Bit disappointed.


Learnt alchemy. Might as well have a use for all those herbs I've been collecting.

So, ran to Razorback Mountain (or whatever it is called) and checked my mail. What's there? Some level 10 armour sent to me, but I can't yet use it...

Sigh. I went to sleep and logged off.

No comments: