02 February 2006

Level 10 - New clothes

I managed to sneak in an additional hour of play during "Relocation, Relocation", which distracted the wife. I can't stand the program myself - people richer than me moving to countries hotter than mine into houses that make me envious. Why inflict such things on yourself?

Anyway, I take out my frustrations on various boars and other critters, raising my hand axe rankings on the way to the orc capital to the north. On the way there is a guy that I said I'd help last time I passed by and completely forgot about. I re-read the quest and it was to find some food supplies back down the canyon. I backtrack and enter a deep gorge to the west full of flying harpie creatures.

A quick lighting x 2 from afar, followed up by earth shock, whack on the head, and another earth shock drops them. However, when two attack at once I'm forced to run for my life.

I find two food sacks and am looking for the third when I notice the first one re-spawn. Curious, I wander over and find that I can take it again - 3rd sack found, the game brightly tells me. So, I find another sack, then return to the first two and so have all five.

I return to complete the quest and am just a few points from level 10. So I kill slightly tougher boars than I'm used to for a few minutes and level up. I quickly peel off all my rotten rags and crappy leather clothing and put on my new armour. My god, that looks better. My armour rating increases by about 200%.
Orgrimmar

Pretty happy, I wander to the orc capital (damned if I can remember the name of it) and find a clothing shop just inside the main square. I buy a shirt and some other things and actually start to look half decent. After wandering around some more I buy a new shield and half decent mace.

All good stuff.

I find my shamanic trainer and aquire a stack of new skills. I'm still confused though, as my totems don't work. When I try to use this super-power it dully bleeps and complains that an item is required. What bloody item?

I mention it to knife and he tells me that right at the beginning there is a quest that I missed which gives me said totem objects. Gah. It involves going to a spirit stone and drinking a trippy brew. Double gah, I found the stone during my wonders and couldn't do anything with it as I didn't know about the quest.

Sigh. Back to the south again...

No comments: