08 February 2006

Level 12 - Surrounded by the undead

Ah, such a big world, so many places to go and see. And this is true of the WOW world too. After running around the desert endlessly and getting frustrated I asked Knife where a good place to go would be, and he, being undead, suggested Brill, in Tirisfal Glades.

'Will I die a lot?' I asked.

'Oh no, you'll be safe,' he says.

The area is where the undead start off, so all the quests etc are about 1-12, and the monsters match.

So I board the zeppelin, which appears to be free (at least, I don't pay) and head off across the sea. Ah, hang on, we're going a bit too far south, eek, where the hell are we?

The name of the place is Stranglethorn Dale, and I ask Knife where I am.

'lol', he whispers, 'you got the wrong zeppelin. You'll die quickly there.'

Great. Everyone gets off and I'm left alone. I peer over the side at the beasts and people below. It looks a bit tough for me, a lv 11 Shaman.

I see another zeppelin appear on the opposite side, and run across, hoping that it'll go back to the desert, and that I won't get killed on the way. I hide and wait. Eventually we leave, and head north.

The countryside darkens and zombies appear below us.

'No, that's good,' whispers knife. Well, he is undead.

He tells me to get off and walk west to Brill. I do so, cautiously, but it is okay, the beasts are all about lv 6 or 7 it seems and (apart from everyone being dead) it seems okay, if a little spooky and grim.

I'm challenged to a duel by a persistent little bastard who won't leave me alone. I ask him where Brill is and he responds by inviting me to join a group.

'Why?' I ask. The dueller has been joined by two evil looking friends. They stand around me. They are all lv 20+.

'u want 2 go to brill don't you?' One says.

I bite the bullet and join them. They run north and I reluctantly follow, thinking, trap, trap, they are taking me into some demonic beast's lair for a laugh.

But they aren't, and they take to a small village which turns out to be Brill. it takes me a while to realise this and they must think that I'm rude, as one of them whispers to me, 'Say thanks.'

I say thanks.

Brill is nice, if creepy and undead. The catchphrase of the undead is 'Beware the living!' Which is nice. I explore the tavern, make it my home, sell a load of potions I made and collect about 10 low level quests which involve killing beasts and collecting their blood, mostly.

It's pleasing to see and do new things, and the people are friendlier than in the desert (though dead) and I'm actually in a group for a while killing things in a team.

Half way through a quest, a warlock challenges me to a duel.

Same level, so I figure, why not. My first duel. It starts without me realising and I'm whacked with a spell before I know what is happening. Suddenly I'm running the wrong way whilst he blasts me with fireballs. By the time I hit him once, my health is half gone. I've messed it up. I panic nd hit too many keys at once. No, not bloody lighting, gah! Whack, goodnight.

Still, fun.

Two quests later and I'm lv12. Lights shine, music plays, and I squander a talent point on something I probably don't need...

One thing Knife neglected to mention... There are no shaman trainers in the undead world, so I'll have to return to Origiamar (whatever) to visit a teacher.

Sigh.

No comments: