31 January 2006

Level 8 - Searching for mucus

I know we all have to start at the bottom, but collecting eyes and mucus is a bit much for a level 8 shaman.... Isn't it? Still, it's a fitting quest to fill the half hour that it takes to cook the evening supper. Though at one point I leave my troll sitting on the beach, staring at a passing ship to go and shake some pans. Whilst in the kitchen I hear the sound of battle... A one-sided battle. Gah! Almost killed by a crustacean that has crawled out of the sea and attacked me. The shame of it, almost. Hack, slash, zap, pow, eat my Earth Shock etc. Loot corpse, no mucus, no eyes. Sigh. Still another 6 to collect.

Back along the beach I discover an evil level 12 humanoid standing in a cove all alone. I dither and then throw a lightning bolt at him from a distance. He resists and runs over at such a speed that he stops my second in its tracks, then starts whacking me over the head with a big hooked stick.
Agh! Jump into the sea and swim away! He swims after me,
whacking away and depleting my health at an alarming rate.

Nip! Is that a bloody clacker nibbling my feet now too? I swim for shore but I'm whacked into death...


Happily my ghost appears close to my corpse and I'm happy to see that ghosts can walk on water too...

Oh-oh, damn, is that smoke?

No comments: