30 January 2006

Day 2 - Help Arrives

Ah, the joys of having a level 55 rogue friend on the same realm. Knife shows up after a lengthy journey across the world to give me some cash and kill a few centaurs with me. We kill lots of them until he has to go and leave me in the middle of a lot of angry half-men who quickly seem to realise that knife is awk (away from keyboard, a-haha) and attack me. I have to run and run and run and almost die, which I'm rather reluctant to do.
Razor Hill
Anyway, eventually my helper leaves, but not before showing me a slightly larger town to the north where I can buy merely battered leather armour rather than filthy and battered. Still, there isn't a lot to buy, even with cash, for a low level troll like me, so I buy a shield and head back to the desert to kill more beasts and razor-quill type things until I level up to 7 after a lot of painful deaths all around.

I explore the islands to the south east and almost die (a lot) at the hands of bloody tigers and clackers and lizard type things, and fail in all but one quest there. However, I do find the Goblin tools in the shipwrecks (and many more clackers) and also realise that I don't understand swimming at all.

I also team up with a guy for a while to kill things on an island. It's fun. I storm the castle and kill the head guy (after my first death) and much effort. This all takes a long time. Time passes. I have spent my entire Sunday playing the game, and still want more.

After many hours I make it to level 8 and head for the Orc capital far to the north (far for me), which is impressive, but disappointing as there is nothing at all I can buy for my level there. However, I do become a herbalist and pick up some new shamanic skills there. After wandering for a while and feeling out of my depth, I head back south and determine to finish the odd few quests left down there.

That night I sleep not, and half-dream of Warcraft on-loop.

No comments: