16 March 2008

WoW Airport, easy route?

Bored, I decided to try and get to the Airport, finding my own way. I recently discovered that holding down both mouse buttons and jumping with the space bar at the same time gets me up a lot more tricky hills than moving forward with the w does. So, new thirst for wandering about mountains arose in me.

So, out of Ironforge, I leap from the graveyard along the ledge from the entrance and hug the mountains, heading north as much as I can. There's no path and I eventually fall back to the bottom. A bit further on, about 61,43 is a path leading upwards again. It's pretty simple to just follow this path up, zigzagging as you go, there's only one way up, and you get so far until you come to a big white wall, which seems impossible, like this (see left).

I couldn't get up this, but if you venture slightly to the west, there's an identical, snowy wall that you can get up, if you try really hard. It took me just a minute the first time, and about 5 the next time - running with mouse buttons and jumping - it is possible, really!

Here's me looking back at the slope, once up.



Once up, just head down the slope to the east and you'll end off on a frozen lake-bed where lots of low-level (7) trolls are running about, chased by Dwarves with guns, mainly.



Run on and you'll find some buildings, the planes, plenty of guards, some of whom will talk to you, and some buildings. There's also a flight path area, but no flight master as yet.



There's also an interesting tunnel that's currently blocked off but seems to head towards Ironforge:



I headed down to a hidden farm area after this (see next entry).

No comments: